The key figure reported for secondary school performance measures is now centred around the progress students have made.
- Progress 8 score: the new main performance measure, which compares a student’s results to the achievement of those from other schools with the same Key Stage 2 SATs result.
- Attainment 8 score: based on how well students have performed in up to 8 qualifications.
- The English Baccalaureate, or ‘EBacc’ (a suite of subjects that recognises the achievements of students who complete a broad range of academic courses), continues to be measured; this is based on those who achieved a GCSE grade C or above in English, maths, 2 sciences, a language, and history or geography.
The Key Stage 4 results 2018 are as follows:
- Progress 8 score: to be published in line with official publication in January/February 2019
- Attainment 8 score: 47.6
- % of students who achieved a grade 4 or above – a good pass (C or above) in English & Maths: 71%
- % of students who achieved a grade 5 or above – a strong pass in English and Maths: 46%
- Average Point Score (APS) for EBacc Subjects: 4.18 (percentage to be confirmed)
- % of students staying in education or going into employment after key stage 4 from the 2018 cohort is 100%