Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) comprises Lower Foundation Stage Nursery (LFS), and Upper Foundation Stage Reception (UFS).
We follow the EYFS framework which supports each child’s individual development. There are several themes that work together:
- The ways in which a child engages with other people and their environment – playing and exploring, active learning and thinking critically – underpin learning and development.
- Prime Areas – personal, social and emotional development, physical development and communication and language all develop quickly and support learning.
- Specific Areas – Literacy, Mathematics, Understanding of the World and Expressive Arts and Design all include essential skills and knowledge.
- We consider each child and their needs and interest and we use this to plan a challenging and enjoyable experience. Staff make observations and assessments to inform planning and progression.
- EYFS use Letters & Sounds phonics scheme, Jolly Phonics and Action Words.
Please click on the links below for more information on the EYFS curriculum this year:
Lower Foundation Stage Medium Term Planning:
nursery curriculum autumn 1
nursery curriculum autumn 2
nursery curriculum spring 1
nursery curriculum spring 2
nursery curriculum summer 1
nursery curriculum summer 2
Upper Foundation Stage Medium Term Planning:
reception curriculum autumn 1
reception curriculum autumn 2
reception curriculum spring 1
reception curriculum spring 2
reception curriculum summer 1
reception curriculum summer 2
Foundation stage Information Booklet